F&M Bank combines industry know-how, dependable products, modern technology and over-the-top personal service. It takes a talented team of wonderful people to make that happen.
Currently, our apply online option is unavailable so please email [email protected] your resume/application.
Choose F&M Bank
Full Time Teller
- Provide quality service to bank customers by performing routine customer service duties and developing long term customer relationships
- Receive checking and savings deposits
- Verify cash endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulations, requirements and complete Hold notices as necessary
- Process savings and checking withdrawals
- Cash checks; verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity
- Identify counterfeit currency
- Issue personal money orders and cashier’s checks
- Redeem savings bonds
- Accept loan payments and issue receipts
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring teller draw cash limits are not exceeded
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied
- Balance drawer accurately, daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks, resolve offages, maintain bait money
- Count and roll loose coins
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Follow all bank policies and procedures
- Ability to continually reinforce the bank’s Mission and Vision Statement and support the practice of this by other bank employees
- Learn various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Regulation E and EE, and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
- Ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to fraud
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies
- Cross sell bank products and services
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Have knowledge of bank deposit products, features, and benefits
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time though shift and may be required to lift bags/boxes of coin weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment